Our Client specialise in maintaining critical air conditioning and chiller equipment. We ensure customers’ assets remain compliant and in optimum condition. Their engineers are very well trained, and our technology platforms are highly advanced. The processes are refined and bring systems and people together to maximise efficiency and help them keep pace with growing demand.
Based in Shepperton Surrey and employ more than 30 mobile engineers and 20 office-based associates. With ambitious, yet achievable, plans for growth we are a company that provides tremendous opportunities for anyone with a strong work ethic and determination to constantly deliver exemplary service.
Purpose of the Role
To manage an efficient business unit ensuring exceptional service delivery to our clients.
- Responsible for the 1st line management and leadership of an operations/engineering team and their service delivery inclusive of diary management.
- Establish and evolve a team of engineers to support delivery of works to clients.
- Identify any skills gaps within the business unit and recruit/upskill accordingly.
- Build a strong working relationship with Sales and Engineering team, providing them with ongoing technical support, including site visits if necessary.
- Develop the lead engineers to fulfil their roles in supporting the TSM’s and developing their engineers.
- Provide HVAC technical assistance to the Operations, Sales, and Engineering teams.
- Resolve escalated technical issues emanating from callouts and reactive jobs, including warranty matters.
- Provide overview of large and/or complex repair jobs, from receipt of order to completion.
- Work with the Head of Service and Lead engineers to improve the capabilities of the engineering teams, organising Engineer’s training, and skills improvement sessions.
- Establish and upkeep approved tool lists, monitor compliance and cost of supply.
- Ensure team are processing all invoices with in paperless to meet the needs of the finance department.
- Supporting business during absence of other Technical Service Managers.
- Be part of the out of hours rota for all TSMs and Head of Service to support team.
- Checking & authorising all timesheets and approving claimed overtime.
- Ensure that all time critical processes are being followed by their team.
Desired Skillset and Characteristics
The successful candidate will demonstrate a good knowledge of HVAC and ensure that they support and contribute to the team around them. Paired with a proactive nature and a dedication to ensuring the highest levels of customer service consistently.
Smart appearance, presentable
Good technical knowledge of HVAC
Logical thinker in fault finding situations
Excellent interpersonal skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Able to encourage the willing contribution of a team whilst still maintaining control.
Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
Salary & Benefits
- Company Vehicle
- Holidays of 33 days per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- 15 days sick pay – rolling 12 months, following probation pass.
- Birthday day off or next working day if it falls on a non-working day.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Contributions from company of 4%, Employees pay in 5%,
- Free use of company Holiday Lodge 1 week per year after 2 years’ service
- 2 (working) days per annum to participate in volunteering at one of the companies’ chosen charities.
- Eye test once per year for all staff, after one year service, total cost £30.
- Contribution of £100 towards glasses if required after one year of service (one pair, per two years)
- Health Screening after 5 years’ service, and every 5 years thereafter, Company specified.