I am currently recruiting for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to join the engineering department of a leading power generation company in the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both mechanical and electrical engineering and have experience on either diesel or CHP generators. My client will offer full training and support on relevant power systems to ensure you have the required product knowledge for when you go out on commissioning duties.
My client has been operating with the standby power and energy markets for over 30 years. They operate from multiple locations around the UK.
Responsibilities required for the role of Electrical Commissioning Engineer:
- You will be responsible for all equipment testing ensuring it functions as per company regulations.
- To achieve this you need to possess a thorough understanding of manufacturing and product use, as well as customer expectations.
- Traveling and overnight stays are regular features of the job.
- This role will include: Attending site as principal commissioning engineer.
- Co-ordinating testing and commissioning activities and providing advice on testing and commissioning procedures and documentation.
- Coordinating all the associated trades as necessary; such as client’s mechanical and electrical engineers, BMS control engineers, Electrical DNO, client’s IT department Monitoring progress, recording all test results, witnessing final testing and acceptance of equipment and compilation of all documentation for inclusion in the site test dossier.
- Ensuring the safe testing and commissioning of completed installations to achieve the necessary plant performance in accordance with project programme requirements.
Skills and Experience required for the role:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a Generator commissioning engineer, or similar role.
- Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems.
- Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap/Deep Sea etc.
- IT skills, fluent with Microsoft Office. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programs such as Comap PC Suite/DSE Configuration Suite etc.
- Experience in multi set and synch with mains controls, design, installation and commissioning.
Qualifications required for the role:
- Electrical Engineering qualification (NVQ, HNC or HND)
- 18th Edition
- CSCS Card
Package available for the Successful Candidate:
- Up to £55,000
- Van (Private use)
- Laptop & Phone
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
- Overtime – x1.5 in the week and up to midday on Saturday. After that point it is double time.
- Company Pension