Due to expansion, we are looking to hire a Rebuild Engineer for a client who is a major player in the standby power industry. Our client specialises in the engineering, installation and after-care support of low carbon gas-fired Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants, fast response balancing peaking plants and mission-critical standby diesel generation. For 35 years they continue to support the growth of decentralised low carbon power generation, helping businesses improve energy efficiency, cost savings, power resilience, and emission reduction as we collectively move towards achieving net zero.
- As a Rebuild Engineer, you will carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work on installations. Ensuring that customer satisfaction is achieved, you will efficiently diagnose and implement all reactive maintenance work on our client’s installations, as well as other user’s installations.
- This role will involve weekend work and possible out of hours work. You will be required to participate in an established 24 hour callout program based on a rota system.
- Other companies may call this role Installation Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Engine Maintenance Technician, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Senior Field Service Technician, or Maintenance Technician.
- A minimum, ONC, NVQ Level II or City & Guilds Level 2 qualification in mechanical engineering, motor vehicle studies or equivalent/relevant qualification.
- To be a competent time served technician, preferably with a minimum of 3 years’ industrial mechanical experience.
- Competent technician with considerable skills and in-depth knowledge of gas/diesel engines.
- Effective IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Packages.
- A full, valid driving licence.
THE SALARY PACKAGE
- £32,000 - £34,000 per annum + OT
- Substantial annual bonus
- Attractive overtime rates
- 25 days’ annual leave plus local Statutory Holidays
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Company pension scheme with attractive employer contribution percentage
- Company van
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Continued investment in employee training to further enhance knowledge, expertise and creativity