My client is currently looking for an operations supervisor to lead and direct the Operations Team to ensure that planned and reactive works are undertaken within budget and efficiently ensuring client satisfaction.
This will be an individual who has an experience leading a team with either a construction or electrical background.
Duties you will undertake include:
- To deliver a profitable operation whilst ensuring all necessary health and safety standards are followed.
- Maximize all labour resource to ensure weekly scheduling claims are in line with budgets.
- Provide clear and concise instruction to the engineers in how they are to execute their roles efficiently and effectively.
- Represent the Operations Management Team at contract planning meetings and at customer progress meetings.
- Raise purchase orders ensuring that there is no excessive expenditure to enable smooth cash flow.
- Monitor rates and hire changes from suppliers to ensure all costs are within budget and to maximise branch profit.
- Carry out checks on all fleet and manage all servicing, repairs and maintenance ensuring vehicles are in a good state of repair at all times.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Operations Director and Contracts Supervsior to monitor the operation and to discuss methods of improvement.
- Ensure that the latest company Health and Safety Standards are advised to all persons and that these standards are implemented on site.
- To reinforce safe working practices in all areas.
- To investigate and report on incidents and implement loss prevention measures.
- Ensure Plant, Equipment, Harnesses, Tooling is regularly checked, calibrated, serviced, tested and maintained and monitor whereabouts and security.
- Provide office supervision and cover for absentee staff.
- Monitor work in progress against estimated costs and budgets and investigate if necessary to ascertain if corrective measures are required.
- Exercise financial control of the operation.
- Liaise with other Branches as required.
- Any other duty as deemed necessary to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Branch.